Why Preventive Maintenance Service?
Just like an automobile, your power factor correction bank requires regular maintenance to ensure that it is operating optimally. This maintenance should be conducted on a regular annual basis (twice in the first year of a newly installed bank occurring at six month intervals)
Some factors that may have adverse effects on the operation of your bank that that occur naturally include:
- Loose connections - Can lead to arcing and catastrophic damage to the APFC
- Failed Fuses - indicate a problem with a step in the bank or with the bank as a whole
- Failing capacitors due to their natural or un-natural life span - reduced amount of kVAR being injected into the system
- Dust and Dirt (depending on the location of installation) - known to cause arcing and catastrophic damage to the APFC
- Optimal operation of the APFC or PFC
- Ensures avoidance of penalties due to poor power factor by the utility
- Helps to lengthen life of electrical equipment on the system
- Help to reduce your carbon footprint
PM Service of Auto-switching Power Factor Correction Banks includes:
- Panel performance test report (Volt, Amp, Power Factor)
- Check wiring, connection points etc.
- Check condition of components, replace if necessary
- Check power factor setting, calibrate set values
- Check power and control fuses
- General cleaning
- Completed Service Report for your records.
|Buying a new Auto-switching Power Factor Correction Bank from Cos Phi?
Be sure to select the Preventive Maintenance Package option and extend your banks warranty.
Note: we also service all manufacturers brands of power factor correction equipment